new main sail - how much m2

Antworten
mrnoorlander

new main sail - how much m2

Beitrag von mrnoorlander »

Hello all,

I am looking at buying a new mail sail and received an offer from Elvstrom for a radial laminate sail of 16m2.

The regular main sail of the Dehlya's 22 is 14m2 and reading the forum, etc., I understand this is already quite a lot of sail.

When I questioned Elvstrom they informed me that laminate and chosen material would give 2m2 more than a normal crosscut sail and would be fine for the Dehlya 22.

Does any one have feedback (or experience) on this?

thanks.

Regards
Michael
Claus_22

Re: new main sail - how much m2

Beitrag von Claus_22 »

Hello Michael,

Not easy to make a suggestion. Only a minor thing: Maybe you should cross check wether the main sail is fitting properly when you are using the topp lifting (in German ->"Dirk"). Could be a little problem...which needs a technical solution?
All the best
Claus

Ps.: How was your 1st sailing season with your boat. Please add further value to this forum writing a short report with some fotos of dehlya sailing at coastside GB/Kent. We are looking foward to hear from you. What do you think?
peteralan

Re: new main sail - how much m2

Beitrag von peteralan »

The regular main sail of the Dehlya's 22 is 14m2 and reading the forum, etc., I understand this is already quite a lot of sail.
When I questioned Elvstrom they informed me that laminate and chosen material would give 2m2 more than a normal crosscut sail and would be fine for the Dehlya 22.
Lat Apparel T Shirt 6925
Antworten