Boat year of Dehlya 25

Erwin

Boat year of Dehlya 25

Beitrag von Erwin »

Hello!
I live in sweden and there is a Dehlay 25 for sale. The condition of the boat is not so good but whit some work, it vill be ok.
If some one can help me to find out what year this boat was build, I would be glad. The plate in the boat says BAU-NR 280 728.
This boat don`t have - wantenstutzen ! is this important to have to raise the mast?
The leaks some water between the "kielkasten" and the bottom / floor. the owner says he has milled out a bit there and put in sikaflex. That water is leaking in, is it a symptom that the boat has run aground? I'm content right now with these questions / wonders.
Grateful for the help / information I can get, best regards Erwin
Ventix

Re: Boat year of Dehlya 25

Beitrag von Ventix »

Hello Erwin,

your hull number is quite a high number, so my guess is, that your boat should be from around 1993.
You have to search for the term "Baunummer" in this forum, then there are numerous results.

The dehlya's keel box is a weak point.
During production it was placed on the inside, sealed with Sikaflex and screwed tight.
Sikaflex also hardens over the years and it can then leak.
Therefore the boat must not have hit the ground.

Please post some photos of your "new" Dehlya.

Best wishes
Ventix
Beste Grüße

Ventix
Claus_22

Beitrag von Claus_22 »

Hi Erwin,

I might be a bit careful with the boat. Even if it is initially very cheap in price, this may result in higher costs. The weak point with the keel box can lead to the fact that you can't get the place really tight. Then you have to consider whether to shut down the entire water ballast system. This is costly because the entire keel would have to be removed and all keel seams would have to be laminated. In this respect this is also fraught with uncertainty. If the "Wantenstützen" are missing, it is possible to put the mast in place but you should use a crane. This does not necessarily speak for the boat. A few recent photos would certainly be helpful to make a better assessment.

All the best!
Claus
Gert Jan

Beitrag von Gert Jan »

Hello Erwin,

I own a Dehler Dehlya with BAU-nummer 280-750 and as far as I know my boat is from 1992, hope that helps

Regards
Gert Jan
Erwin

Beitrag von Erwin »

689/5000
Hi, Ventix, Claus and Gert Jan.
Thank you so much for the answers. Now this boat is history because the owner sold it in early October, as he says, to a Pole.
(wonders if he knows what he bought)
There were extensive deficiencies on the boat, very loose rudders, missing "Wantenstützen", broken man train support, broken point, "sunken" cushions, no kitchen, large dent on the mast, very old sails and only a storm jib, valve for ballast tanks were removed, very old outboard, own built trailer with brakes that were on that was not TUV, electronics that did not work, old batteries, etc. I had not bought the boat anyway. But I like the model and will apply further in Germany.
Marius R

Beitrag von Marius R »

Hello,

This boat is not a history. It seems that I bought it. Sorry Erwin :) I exactly know what I bought, because I searched exactly for D25 as my plans is to use it in Lithuania (not Poland) and here we have shallow waters. My marina is ~ 1 meter deep only.

The boat itself was in good condition but was lacking a lot of care. No osmosis. Sails are old but still in good condition. Motor still is old 2 strokes 6 hp Johnson and I think it worth to be changed to something else, but it still working so maybe next season. What's was really bad - cushions. I made new ones. All other things - lot of cleaning and maintenance during winter.

My improvements after purchase:
- New cushions
- Kitchen, there are good deals on amazon.de for caravans/campers
- electric lifting keel
- solar panel

At the moment I'm working on a telescopic rudder(the same idea as from yacht.de "Willy" project)

Overall I can say that it was good purchase. Latter will add some photos to the gallery as before and after.

Also I have question to the members - does anybody have any document or information regarding classification by CE or sailing region? In our country somehow they are looking only to number plate during registration, but it's possible to show additional data latter.

Marius

Sorry for my English, I can just use a google translate to read this forum :(

Dieses Boot ist keine Geschichte. Es scheint, dass ich es gekauft habe. Sorry Erwin :) Ich weiß genau was ich gekauft habe, da ich genau nach D25 gesucht habe, da ich es in Litauen (nicht Polen) einsetzen möchte und hier flache Gewässer haben. Mein Yachthafen ist nur ~ 1 Meter tief.

Das Boot selbst war in einem guten Zustand, aber es fehlte viel Pflege. Keine Osmose. Segel sind alt aber noch in gutem Zustand. Der Motor ist immer noch alt 2-Takt 6 PS Johnson und ich denke, es lohnt sich, auf etwas anderes umgestellt zu werden, aber es funktioniert immer noch, also vielleicht in der nächsten Saison. Was wirklich schlimm war - Kissen. Ich habe neue gemacht. Alles andere - viel Reinigung und Wartung im Winter.

Meine Verbesserungen nach dem Kauf:
- Neue Kissen
- Küche, für Wohnwagen/Wohnmobile gibt es auf amazon.de gute Angebote
- elektrischer Hubkiel
- Sonnenkollektor

Zur Zeit arbeite ich an einem Teleskopruder (die gleiche Idee wie aus dem yacht.de "Willy" Projekt)

Insgesamt kann ich sagen, dass es ein guter Kauf war. Letzterer fügt der Galerie wie vorher und nachher einige Fotos hinzu.

Ich habe auch eine Frage an die Mitglieder - hat jemand Dokumente oder Informationen zur Klassifizierung nach CE oder Segelregion? In unserem Land wird bei der Registrierung irgendwie nur auf das Nummernschild geachtet, aber es ist möglich, zusätzliche Daten anzuzeigen.

Marius
donnie

Beitrag von donnie »

Hello Marius,

first of all: congratulations on your Dehlya 25.
A CE marking has only been mandatory since June 15, 1998. Boats built before this date usually did not receive such a label from the shipyard (in germany). For this reason there is no certificate or document for the Dehlya 25.
This document describes the boats for which CE marking is mandatory in Europe: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content ... 60&from=EN
I hope this information will help you.

best regards, Kai
Marius R

Beitrag von Marius R »

Thanks for Your answer.
Our registry institution is crazy enough and if there are no any proof they are giving lowest category that means you can sail only in small lakes. That's why I need any paper that looks official with indicated design category by wind speed or any other old system that they can recalculate to CE category.

Other registration documents with the same boat model or technical documentation is also suitable. I even asked for help from Hansey yacht for support, but they have no info for old models.

Worst case I will be forced to do expertise :(

Marius
donnie

Beitrag von donnie »

Hi Marius,

in Germany we do not need any certificates or evidence to be able to move the boat on inland lakes or the Baltic Sea. Therefore, there are no approval papers in which the CE category or similar can be seen.
I don't know the legal situation in Lithuania, but if you need a CE certificate, you have to have it issued.
At any rate, the shipyard did not carry out such a test at the time. Sorry...

best regards, Kai
Marius R

Beitrag von Marius R »

Thanks for the answer. will try to manage something.

Also one more question - what are wind and waves conditions that you feel still safe?

Marius
Antworten