Keel box leak

Antworten
Michiel

Keel box leak

Beitrag von Michiel »

Hi all - this morning my boot went into the water again, finally. Unfortunately I see some water dripping into the cabin, at the bottum of the keel box. See photo. Do I need to worry? Did one of you also experienced this? I see that there is some old glue kit, used by previous owners. But last summer I already had the boot and sailed a lot without the leak
Dateianhänge
IMG_1463.jpg
Claus_22

Re: Keel box leak

Beitrag von Claus_22 »

Hi Michiel,

It looks like only a little water is leaking out. However, from my point of view, it might be difficult to stop the water leakage when the boat is in the water and the water ballast tank is filled. You can only do something temporarily. I.e. you can try to stop the water ingress with sealant. The floor covering will be damaged in the long run.

Unfortunately, I think the real problem is somewhat bigger and more complicated. With the Dehlya's, the water ballast-system is a possible weak point that can occur. From my point of view, the boat needs to be uncrated and then, if possible, a professional who is well versed in the construction of the boat should consider what to do. If this is the only spot, it may be possible to seal it from the outside.

What I would do! No gurantee! You would have to sand the seam on the keel box and seal it with fibreglass and appropriate resin if necessary. Since the Gelcoat colour is grey at this point, it might be possible to manage this so that it doesn't look so bad in the end. But this can only be done in the dry.
Before doing something like this you should analyze exakt point of the leakage!

A purely radical step would be to shut down the water ballast tank. Then such leaks will no longer occur. However, this method is very costly and above all risky.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you'll get the matter under control.

Best regards
Claus
kabel69

Beitrag von kabel69 »

Hello Michiel,

the 4 screws on the keel box are countered from below with aluminum rails. Due to galvanic corrosion, the rails dissolve over time and the screws no longer hold. Unfortunately, this means taking the boat out of the water, dismantling the keel and laminating the base of the keel from below. Maybe you can still save this season by using an epoxy putty to temporarily seal the leak.

https://www.amazon.de/AGT-Komponenten-K ... r=8-5&th=1

Greeting Gerald
Michiel

Beitrag von Michiel »

Herunder a google translate from English to German

Danke Claus und Gerald für eure Antworten. Ich habe es vorübergehend mit Marina Silicone repariert (ich hatte einen Schlauch) und das Wasser ist weg. Ich werde auch die AGT-Komponenten besorgen, wie Gerald vorgeschlagen hat.

Claus, du hast den Wasserballast erwähnt, aber bist du sicher, dass der Wasserballast in der Nähe des Kielkastens ist? Ich denke, dass die Kielbox direkt mit dem offenen Wasser verbunden ist. Ehrlich gesagt weiß ich nicht genau, wo der Ballast ist, aber ich dachte, er wäre etwas weiter vorne am Kofferraum. Und Sie haben das Gelcoat erwähnt, aber wenn ich es von außen repariere, indem ich den Kiel herausnehme, dann ist das Gelcoat kein Problem.

Ich lebe in den Niederlanden und muss jemanden finden, der sich mit unserem Schiff auskennt, der den Kiel herausnehmen kann, um die Kielbasis von unten zu laminieren. Irgendwelche Vorschläge, wen ich in NL fragen kann?
Claus_22

Beitrag von Claus_22 »

Hello Michiel,

The water ballast tank on the Dehlya runs through the keel box, then port and starboard below the berths to the keel box and then on to the keel. The keel box has water inside, so it can leak out and also because it is practically the interface with the water ballast system. I think there are cutaway pictures here in the forum that show this.

On the Dehlya Homepage you can find some pictures... https://www.dehlya.de/index.php/galerie ... /46-sailor

Unfortunately, I can't recommend a shipyard for the Netherlands. However, I believe that the people have sufficient expertise to repair such damage.

BR Claus
Uli

Beitrag von Uli »

have a look at the photos....
Best regards
Uli
Dateianhänge
Dehlia_Schnitt_Kiel - Kopie.jpg
Dehlia_Schnitt_Bug.jpg
Dehlia_Schnitt_Bug - Kopie.jpg
Dehlia_Heckschnitt.jpg
Dehlia_Heckschnitt - Kopie.jpg
Michiel

Beitrag von Michiel »

Thans you all, also for the pictures. I used a Little marine silicon and that worked for now
Antworten