van der Stadt reefing

Antworten
mrnoorlander

van der Stadt reefing

Beitrag von mrnoorlander »

Hello sailor,

I cannot work out how the reefing line in the sail ends - pls see red circle on drawing. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Kind regards
Michael
vd stad.jpg
vd stad.jpg (120.03 KiB) 4957 mal betrachtet
Claus_22

Re: van der Stadt reefing

Beitrag von Claus_22 »

Hi Michael,

Have you seen the following threat with pics?

http://www.dehlya.de/rokbridge/index.ph ... =viewtopic

Please search for "Pfeiffer-Marine Reefing"! (same approach...)

I'm sure you will find the answer!

Best - Claus
mrnoorlander

Hello Claus,

Thanks for that. I had indeed read the Thread you referred to.
What you guys are looking at would mean I need to replace the "van der Stadt reefing" to the "Pfeiffer system.
As I have a 22 i would mean also buy new beginning and end ends for the boom. Perhaps something for the future, but for now I want to work out how to rig the existing reef system.
I have not been able to find any thing on the forum nor when I google it.

Any ideas are welcome!

Kind regards
Michael
mrnoorlander

I think the problem is possibly my translation (from the manual). It's also possible I am confused because they talk about 2 lines (Reefleine & Smeerreep) – thought this would be one and the same line.

Would some one be so good and check my translation of text below:

AA.
eine Reefleine, die endlos hin und zuruck durch die reffgatchen im Grosssegel gefuhrt wird.

A reefing line, which runs back and forth through the reefing points.

BB.
Dem Smeerreep. Mit dieser Leine holt man das Achterliek auf den Grossbaum herunter. Sie wird an dem achteren Auge mit Palstek angeknotet, lauft dann unter dem Grossbaum hindurch nach oben durch die Reffekaush wieder herunter auf das Auge zur vorderen Belegklampe am Grossbaum.

Das Smeerreep lasst sich – mit einigem handwerklichem Geschik – uber drei Umlenkrollen und einer Hebelklemme bis ins Cockpit umlenken. Der Reffvorgang wird dadurch wessentlich erleichtert

The reefing pennants ???. With this line you hold down the reefing cringle to the boom. The line is fixed to the clew (? achtern Auge? Or is this some thing on the boom?) with a bowline, then runs under the boom up through the reefing cringle back down to the eye to the front cleat on the boom.

The reefing pennants ?? let themselves direct - with some craftsmanship - via three pulleys and a lever clamp into the cockpit. The reefing is then considerably easier.

Thank you.

Regards
Michael
Antworten