Boat year of Dehlya 25

donnie

Re: Boat year of Dehlya 25

Beitrag von donnie »

Hello Marius,

I have only been on the Baltic Sea once so far. Therefore I have only limited experience here. I experienced about 2m waves at 5Bft and these conditions were manageable (under jib and first reef in the main).
I also spoke to another forum member (kabel69). With his Dehlya 25 he experienced about 1.5m - 2m waves in a bora on the Mediterranean Sea and drove against the waves with the engine.
He said: "The boat has always hit the trough of the waves, but it worked as long as the shrouds are well tensioned. An outboard motor would have been less suitable for this situation."

I therefore think the Dehlya 25 corresponds to CE category C.

best regards, Kai
Erwin

Re: Boat year of Dehlya 25

Beitrag von Erwin »

Hello Marius!
At first I wasn't going to bother to make a post Marius, but then I reconsidered. You make it look like I'm disparaging the boat. I don't, but for me, the boat is history. The seller told me that a man from Poland had bought the boat when I spoke to him about the boat's shortcomings. Supports (supports standing on deck with ropes running around the boat) were loose with the result that water penetrated there. New sails were needed, the main sail was broken, and there was only one stormfock and no roll for the headsail. There was no kitchen. The keel box needed to be dismantled and sealed. The windows were cracked. The ballast valve wire was removed. The keel could be inspected from the inside and it was severely rust attack. The electronics (deep gauge) that existed did not work. Two old batteries whose functionality was questionable. All scotch ropes and fall ropes were severely worn and rigid. Difficult rudder gap with worn guide stick. The mattress in the boat lacked elasticity and smelled bad. In the bow there was a peke whose support underneath was deformed. There was also a large dent on the mast at its foot. The boat has gone in salt water and should now have been epoxy treated. The lanterns didn't work. There was no support for rising the mast. I can't agree with you, the boat had a lot of big flaws that cost a lot of money to fix. Of course, many boats are buyable if the price is the right in relation to the purchase of materials and to the work that needs to be done. In addition, there was no slipwagen and previous owners had driven the boat down with the trailer when launching, so the brakes were broken and probably the wheel bearings as well. The funny thing was that the seller said to me, "you can hit the wheel rims with a hammer and the brake will come off, :lol: Sailing is good for the soul. At least to me. It would be interesting how much you actually paid for the boat Marius?
I hope you have many lovely sailing days :)
Best regards Erwin
Antworten