Wasserbalast oder Dehler Bleilast

Antworten
Erwin

Wasserbalast oder Dehler Bleilast

Beitrag von Erwin »

Wasserbalast oder trimmbare und herausnehmbare Original Dehler Bleilast
Hello everyone!
I wonder if anyone has experience in using portable lead weights placed near the keel of a dehlya 25, compared to having the usual, i.e. waterbalast. I understand that if you have lead weights, the boat will weigh more when transporting on trailers compared to water being drained when the boat is picked up on the trailer. My question is whether the boat sails better with lead, and if so, is it in all wind directions?

Another question - I'm going to buy a dehlya 25 with trailer in Germany. I understand that the documents for the trailer must be in order, beacuse i am going to import the trailer to Sweden. Today, I do not know what such a document looks like, so I wonder if anyone can show what a real document looks like.
Of course the document is de-identified.
I would be very grateful for the help I can get :)
Best regards Erwin
Ventix

Re: Wasserbalast oder Dehler Bleilast

Beitrag von Ventix »

Hello Erwin,

whether you sail with water ballast or lead ballast is probably a matter of opinion.
Some Dehlya sailors have switched to lead weight and say, that the boats are more agile with it - but is the effort really worth it?

Boat trailers are exempt from insurance and taxes in Germany. Therefore these trailers do not have a "Fahrzeugbrief".
The trailers urgently need a certificate "Gutachten nach § 18(5) StVZO" (this can be a green certificate for example) from TÜV, GTÜ or another institution.
Furthermore a registration certificate ("Fahrzeugschein") and a up-to-date periodic HU report from TÜV, GTÜ etc. may be helpful for registration in Sweden.
Beste Grüße

Ventix
Erwin

Re: Wasserbalast oder Dehler Bleilast

Beitrag von Erwin »

Thank you ventix!

Good point of view about lead ballast and water ballast.

Information about the registration of trailers was very valuable to me.
If the trailer now has a registration sign, do I need to go to TUV or GUT to have it deregistered in Germany? So I can import it into Sweden.
Regards Erwin
Antworten